A wobbly ceiling fan can be annoying and even potentially dangerous. Follow Brent Holland as he shows you the step-by-step process to repairing and balancing your ceiling fan.
Step 1 Clean fan of all dirt and debris.
Step 2 Make sure all hardware is tightly fastened.
Over time the screws can loosen from the movement of the fan.
Step 3 Locate balancing kit.
This kit should come with your fan or you can purchase one.
Step 4 Place temporary weight on fan.
You want to first place the weight near the center of the blade that you think will be the problem.
Step 5 Turn fan on to see if the weight is balancing the fan.
Step 6 Move weight around until you find the right balancing point.
Step 7 Once you find the right balancing point, apply the permanent weight.
Step 8 Place the permanent weight in the middle of the blade, where the temporary weight was.
Step 9 Remove temporary weight.
Step 10 Watch as your fan is balanced. No wobble!
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades