Check out this home repair tutorial video that demonstrates how to fix and diagnose your appliance. These videos are for information purposes only. A qualified and proficient engineer should be employed to replace any faulty parts on your domestic appliance.
Checking to see if your Washing machine bearings are gone or your drum spider broke
If your washing machine is noisy on spin, then this can be a symptom of drum bearing wear. A quick check for wear is to see if the inner drum moves up and down relative to the fixed outer drum. It should only move a small amount. If it moves more than a millimeter or two, it is probably worn bearings. If it is making unusual noises while washing too, check that there is not a bra wire or similar object trapped half way into one of the drum holes. A high pitched whine is sometimes caused by the motor bearings.
NOTE: When replacing bearings, ensure that any bearing seals are replaced with the appropriate new ones from the bearing kit, as many bearing failures are the result of failed seals allowing water to get into the bearings.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades