Watch this video from This Old House to learn how to put in a ceiling fan.
1 Turn off the electricity to the ceiling light at the main panel.
2 Remove existing ceiling light fixture and fixture strap from the ceiling.
3 Unscrew the old electrical box and pull it down from the ceiling.
4 Loosen the cable clamps and remove the old electrical box.
5 Install plastic anti-short bushing onto the ends of the armored cable.
6 Attach cable clamps onto the cables.
7 Secure a pancake-style fan box to the cable clamps with locknuts.
8 Screw the fan box to the ceiling joist with the screws provided.
9 Attach the fan bracket to the fan box.
10 Assemble fan's blades to the blade irons.
11 Hang the fan motor from the fan bracket.
12 Make the wire connections with plastic twist-on wire connectors.
13 Install the fan's canopy, then attach the fan blades to the fan motor.
14 Attach the fan's light fixture to the underside of the fan.
15 Install light bulbs and glass shades.
16 Turn on the electricity and test the fan's light and motor.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades