Looking to take some safety precautions for the exterior of your home? Motion detector lights are a good way to ward off unwanted intruders. Installation of motion detector lights isn't as difficult as it sounds, since most are pre-wired and preassembled.
You Will Need:
• A motion detector light kit
• A screwdriver
• Flood lamps
Step 1: Turn power off
Turn the power off at the fuse box or circuit breaker.
Step 2: Remove existing fixture
Unscrew and remove the existing light fixture.
Step 3: Connect fixture wires
Connect the new fixture wires to the house wires by attaching the black and white wires to the corresponding house wires with the wire nuts included with your fixture.
Step 4: Attach the fixture
Align the holes on the fixture with the holes on your house's junction box and use the included screws to attach the fixture to the junction box.
Step 5: Screw in lamps
Screw in the flood lamps. The manual will tell you the correct wattage to use. Be sure not to screw the lamps too tightly.
Step 6: Turn power on
Turn on the power at the circuit panel or fuse panel and flip the light switch. Notice where the lamps are shining.
Step 7: Adjust the lamps
Adjust the lamps and motion sensor according to the manual. Now you are ready to shine a light on your lawn.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades