In this Home & Garden video tutorial you will learn how to properly sharpen the blade of a knife. You will need a sharpening stone with two sides; coarse and smooth. You will use the coarse side if the knife has dents. You can use any oil, but Rem oil is the best for this. Spread the oil on the sharpening stone. Hold the knife so that the blade is flat and parallel to the surface of the stone. With the blade facing away from your body, start from the near end of the stone and as you move forward along the stone, you also move to the right and as you reach the curved part of the blade you lift your hand up so that the entire length of the blade is sharpened. Then flip the knife over and do the same on the other side moving towards your body. Apply equal number of strokes on each side till the blade is sharp.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades