Patty Moreno shows us how to test your pond's PH, and see if the conditions are right for fish.
• First get a freshwater PH test kit.
• Take the PH indicator solution and put 3 drops into a vial of the pond water.
• Gently shake the vial to get the solution to blend and check the color against the PH chart. This should give you a rough estimate of the PH.
• Next, add 5 drops of the high range indicator to another vial of the pond water to determine the exact PH of the water.
• Many freshwater fish prefer more alkaline water, around 7 PH.
You too can check your pond PH with these simple steps.
It’s Black Friday week on WonderHowTo! Don’t miss out on all of the big sales in the Gadget Hacks and Null Byte shops. And if you’ve been wanting to take some classes without going into debt, check out our best deals on online courses for a variety of skill sets. Don’t miss out on these huge discounts: